Vinyl Floor Cleaning
Many homes have vinyl flooring because this type of flooring is inexpensive compared to other types of flooring making it an excellent choice for rental properties and for those on a budget. In addition, vinyl flooring comes in an almost limitless variety of colors and styles sure to match any décor.
Vinyl floors are usually easy to clean however, some types of vinyl flooring such as pitted vinyl can easily build up dirt and grime which can be difficult to remove.
If you have rental property with vinyl flooring or a renting a property with vinyl floors previous tenants may have made the mistake of waxing these floors leaving behind a buildup of wax that has left your flooring yellowed and dull you will want to have that wax removed so your floor looks good once more.
Special Considerations for Cleaning Vinyl Flooring
When deep cleaning vinyl flooring there are some special considerations that need to be taken into account. These considerations include:
- If cleaning products are required in order to remove tough dirt or build up wax specific products that are safe for vinyl must be used. If harsh chemical cleaners are used on your vinyl flooring it can damage the vinyl and shorten the useful life of your flooring.
- Even when using vinyl safe cleaning products to remove stubborn dirt, you need to thoroughly rinse the floor to remove any residue from the cleaning agents as this residue can leave you flooring looking dull.
- You should never use brushes on vinyl flooring because the bristles from the brush may scratch the floor. Scuff marks need to removed with gently using a soft cloth.
- No wax vinyl floors should never be waxed, they are designed to have all the shine they need without adding any type of wax.
Tips for Keeping Your Vinyl Floor Cleaner for Longer After Professional Cleaning
- Clean your floor with a vacuum or dry mop before mopping.
- Clean up all spills immediately to prevent staining.
- A couple of cap fulls of vinegar in clear warm (not hot) water will loosen all dirt from your floors.
- For stubborn dirt add a little dish soap to your vinegar water and then rinse with clear water after mopping.
- If you want to add more shine to vinyl floor add a couple of drops of baby oil to your vinegar water.
- Use door mats to help prevent tracking dirt onto your vinyl floor.
If your vinyl floor needs professional cleaning give us a call at 561-345-6253.
Here at Floor Cleaning West Palm Beach, FL we do our very best to bring you the highest quality services at reasonable rates because we believe our customers deserve affordable floor cleaning services. So why not give us a call at 561-345-6253 and let us know how we can be of assistance to you.
Our Cleaning Process
We have team of Professional Floor Cleaners